Friday, February 24, 2017

Love Yourself


By: Santtana Looganaden


It takes the deepest strength to walk in front of the headlights of the world and say "I love myself." To forget all the different ways the media taught us we should hate our bodies.

To forget the 'whens' and the 'if onlys' and say "actually, I am masterpiece." To let ourselves be furiously happy as much as possible, and not be victims of our pasts, victims of the people who tried to drill into our heads we weren't worthy of being happy. 

To open ourselves wide to love, both giving and receiving, rather than operate out of depravation mode and build walls of fear and doubt so high no human could ever possibly knock them down.

To say "No" and "I Disagree" and "Please don't interrupt me." And to stop saying "sorry" so liberally when we don't actually mean it.

It takes the deepest strength to walk in front of the world and say "I love myself." But it's time.


You get yours.


Source : Thought Catalog 


No comments:

Post a Comment