Thursday, May 11, 2017

University Days


By: Santtana Looganaden


I had the kind of college experience most people only dream about. Charged by the atmosphere of intellectual exploration, inspired by lectures who pushed me farther than I’d ever imagined I could go, I made fascinating new friends at Unisel; together we discovered our own literary voices. It was 3 years of long journey with no regrets.

I begin this journey with no expectations, nervous yet a little excitement. Who knew making new friends, coming out of my own cosy comfort zone was fun; yet it was. Knowing my nature, i click with people with the same thinking as mine, cheeky and bubbly but then it changed. You know expect the unexpected.  

It was a true roller-coaster ride from 1st year till today, now i'm almost finishing my days in university. There were stressful days where i'd cry thinking on how to  pass my days or even unfinished assignments, then in a long run i got used to it. The stressful days became something i can tolerate and move on. 

Of course, academics weren't the point: as ever, the real collage experience lies in hanging out, coffee date, movies and so on. Independence was the key to everything, here you grow up, learn new things and be mature. Which most of us failed to do so.

With all this going on, fun yet stressful; i'd sum my university days to a photographic memory, those i'd smile back to. 

"University can teach you skill and give you opportunity, but it can't teach you sense, nor give you understanding. Sense and understanding are produced within one's soul." 
- C. JoyBell.C - 


2 comments: