Friday, March 31, 2017

Best Friend



Dear Best Friend,




Thank you for always being closest to me even when we were in separate time zones and separate stages of life, its been a year since we last met. Thank you for not letting us get split by dumb facts like distance or time. Thank you for never giving up on our friendship, for never shrugging and being like “Eh, things change, people change.”


Thank you for being a different friend than everyone else, different from the friends who are only there for the fun things, the shopping, chit-chats and gossips and all the silly moments we treasure for the past 23 years till today. Thank you for always being fun even when we’re not having fun. I don’t know how else to explain that.


Thank you for not judging me when I did something really stupid, but also thanks for telling me I was an idiot and probably shouldn’t have done the stupid thing. Thank you for always being honest. Thank you for being genuinely concerned with the outcome of my life and always listening, even when you’re tired. Thank you for telling me the things no one wants to hear and sparing the bad advice. 


But most importantly thank you for simply being you, because, to put it lightly — I adore the shit out of you.
Love always,
Your best friend
-Sana-

2 comments: